Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Group Illustration Exhibit by Diana Ting Delosh

Last year I was invited to submit a few illustrations for a Long Island kid lit illustrators exhibit at the Quogue Library in May 2018. The invitation came about via a group I belong to, LICWI. I submitted a few illustrations and two made it past the jury. YAY! I'm in, along with fellow D2PB member, Deborah Cuneo. I believe there will be 14 Long Island illustrators in total. I'm happy to have this opportunity to show and possibly sell my work but without the pressure of filling the whole space all by myself.
Little Red - Giclée Print- framed 16" x 16"  
As my work is hybrid traditional and digital I'll be showing framed giclée prints. I ordered mine  from Imagekind.com. Originally I was just going to use my local Fedex and frame laser prints on heavy stock BUT I was really unhappy with the color and this was after going there twice. The first time the machines were down. The second time I was able to get five good 8 x 10" prints of Little Red. BUT the color was wrong for the 11 x 11".  Momentum came out way too dark. AND I still had to pay for them. GR-GR-GR!!! Previously, I had really good results with Fedex but not lately. Sigh, looks like an art print quality, large format color printer is on my wish list.
Momentum - Giclée Print- framed 14" x 11"
Right now I'm in the final throes of prepping for this show. Art framed, wired, packed and delivered to the exhibit coordinator, along with 30 promo postcards. I still have to deliver my promo sheet. I also plan on offering a few unframed prints for sale at the reception on May 19.
Sleepy Giraffe © Diana Ting Delosh
My current Promo Postcard
Ordered 100 of my Sleepy Giraffe Postcards from VistaPrint.com. These are blank on the back. I only need 30+ for the show but I can also use these to hand out and if I stick a return label on the back they can be mailed. Always good to have a few extras.


As for the promo sheet, I've been working on some new illustrations that I was hoping to use on a new promo sheet... However time has run out so I will just be using my 2017 Promo sheet. Always have a Plan B. Now, just need to make more art prints and figure out how to package them to sell at the reception. A wise friend said that it's a good idea to use each promotional opportunity as a chance to show more art. Hence my participation in the show and the different images for the postcard and the promo sheet. 

Long Island Children's Book Illustrators Art
The Art Gallery at the Quogue Library
90 Quogue St., Quogue, NY 11959
631-653-4224
Exhibit: May 1 - May 30, 2018
Reception: May 19, 2018 at 3 - 4pm

At the reception, there will be a Q & A panel and workshops. Prints, books and yes, some of the framed art will be for sale. Mine are. Should be fun. 

Twitter: dtdelosh

Art Prints: wingedrabbit.imagekind.com
For your picture book storyboarding process
Check out: 
The BIG ThumbNailer
ThumbNailer

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to both of you lovely ladies! And I'm in LOVE with that giraffe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The new giraffe is a possible character for a project. So happy that you find her/him lovable :)

      Delete